Your account is suspended: Your account violated the Circumventing systems policy.
- March 27, 2022
- Google Ads, Interview Questions, Marketing, PPC
Our account (Nearly a year old) was suspended, citing the above subject on the 3rd of March, we have no clue why or what exactly this is and have reached out time and again through the online forms, but haven’t received a single response. We also have an account manager who called me on a “sales” call on the 1st of march and another “Amira” on the 24th of march and I’ve even written to them over 15 times, but still no resolution to the issue.
We are a legitimate business running an ethical operation based in Dubai and the google algorithm seems to have made some mistake, how do we get this fixed, we are suffering at the moment with 20 days with no traffic.
Diamond Product Expert
Circumventing Systems is usually triggered by one of these:
- Being associated, in any way, with more than one Google Ads account
- Being hacked and visitors were being redirected elsewhere
- Using a domain previously used in another Google Ads account (you might not know)
- Using bad / Black Hat SEO methods
- Using a VPN
Do any of these sound like something that fits? If not, we cannot give you any more information, and Google Ads support won’t tell you the cause.
Thank you for your response, my responses inline. (Am I allowed to share our website link here?)
- Being associated, in any way, with more than one Google Ads account – No (I own 2 companies and each of them have separate ad accounts)
- Being hacked and visitors were being redirected elsewhere – No
- Using a domain previously used in another Google Ads account (you might not know) – We rebranded our company name and domain, this could be a reason, we’ve highlighted this as well in the communication in the online forms, because everything was running perfectly well until we rebranded. (In fact when this account first started advertising, a year ago, we were hit with the same suspension, citing a system erroneously suspending our account, but it was lifted in a day’s time, but now it’s been 22 days, which has us very worried)
- Using bad / Black Hat SEO methods – No
- Using a VPN – We use VPNs, usually to test website IP redirection etc., but how could that affect the ad account, i’m a bit lost there, can you please elaborate?
Diamond Product Expert
You can share website links here but it isn’t your website that is the problem. VPN is only a problem if you use it to access your Google Ads account. The rebrand is only an issue if that new domain was used in a suspended Google Ads account, or in a current Google Ads account. In a cancelled and not suspended account is OK Two companies with their own accounts but belonging to you is the most common cause for this. Do they have they same billing details?
My comments inline:
You can share website links here but it isn’t your website that is the problem. – earlier was cryptocoinalarm.com and now it’s moonrig.io VPN is only a problem if you use it to access your Google Ads account. – hmm, this probably could have happened, I have no way of telling now, but will have to take care about this The rebrand is only an issue if that new domain was used in a suspended Google Ads account, or in a current Google Ads account. In a cancelled and not suspended account is OK – Nope these are both clean, no bad history Two companies with their own accounts but belonging to you is the most common cause for this. Do they have they same billing details? – No, different addresses, cards, company names.
So what do I do now, there is no response, account’s still suspended, how do I fix this with no one responding…
Diamond Product Expert
OK – I looked at your website. It will be part of the problem after all. I guess your ads were disapproved for crypto and you tried a new domain name and it was also crypto so you have been suspended for trying to get around policy by changing domain names or websites. And/or both of your accounts are for something crypto. Crypto cannot be advertised. This cannot be fixed, in my opinion.
Google allows crypto ads, we’ve been advertising since May 2021 using the very same account, initially few ads would get blocked, we then were told that initial offerings etc. will not be allowed. Since we werent in that business those terms were dropped from the keywords.
In this case, it’s not about the ads being disapproved, even those were running and approved, it’s the entire account that’s been suspended for “circumventing systems”
One account (The one that’s suspended) is dedicated for moonrig.io the other account is for a completely different business that does nothing with crypto.
It’s a misconception that crypto cannot be advertised, there are guidelines that google has given us and we ensure to stay well within those guidelines.
So again, what do I do to fix this.
Question: Since this is the first time I’ve raised something here…do you work for google? (I hope the answer is yes)
Diamond Product Expert
Nobody here works for Google – we are peers (other advertisers and agency workers). My apologies, in seems mid-2021 the policy was updated and some crypto products, like yours, are now allowed. But be aware that Google considers probable business models. You can’t make money from a free service, so Google is (rightly?) assuming you make money from offering things that is not allowed by Google’s polices. Even if you don’t sell them conspicuously. For example, if you try advertising a blog without ads, Google will assume one day it will have ads, which is against policy. It’s just a guess – Google will never tell you the why – but maybe a paid service would seem more legit in Google’s eyes. As it is I think the combo of multiple account use, crypto and VPN has raised too many flags, from a system that probably has no human oversight. One of my reasons for being here is to help honest businesses on the wrong side of a harsh policy procedure. But in this case I have no advice, I don’t think this can be fixed. None of the 3 things I mentioned are technically against policy, so you have nothing to explain.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.
Request a free quote
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- AtoZ Google Ads Interview Questions & Answers March 27, 2022
- Your account is suspended: Your account violated the Circumventing systems policy. March 27, 2022
- Is Search Engine Submission Necessary? April 17, 2014